WHAT IS GRAFT/FOLLICULAR UNIT?
- Hair naturally grows in group / bunch of 1 to 4 hairs which are called as graft or follicular unit
- One graft (i.e. follicular unit) may contains 1, 2, 3 or 4 hair
- This pics clearly shows the bunch of hairs existing as graft
- 75-90% of the extracted grafts will contain 2 or 3 hairs
- As a basic general formula, 1 graft = 2.5 hairs. This means that 1000 grafts may equal about 2500 hairs.
- 4 haired follicular units exist but are very rare (usually represent only 5% of the grafts extracted)
- The ratio of 1, 2 and 3 haired follicles that one possesses is an individual trait
- Thicker hair shaft size means a thicker end result
- The higher portion of 2 and 3 follicular units that you have, the more total hair that will result from the hair transplant. This is because having more 2s and 3s will result in a lesser percentage being single haired follicular units.
2.4 HAIRS PER GRAFT AVERAGE IN 99% ALL CASES
- The total number of hairs that result from a set number of grafts will average out to anything between 2-2.52 hairs per graft. Therefore 2500 grafts can equal anything between 4500 – 5500 total hairs.
- The 2-hair follicular unit is the most common graft within a person’s donor region, which constitute 50-60% of the total number. Then next most common is the 3-hair follicular unit, followed by the 1-hair and 4 hair follicular units.
- Do not confuse between “hairs” and “grafts”. Simply stated on average 1 graft equals about 2.4 hairs.
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/dezireclinic123/public_html/hair-transplant-pune.com/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php
on line 399