Men and women tend to lose their hair due to a number of reasons like genetic, hormonal, medication side effects, stress, etc. though this problem is quite common in males as compared to women. Below Mention Causes of hair loss:
- Not getting enough protein and iron can be a good cause
- Self-damage we often cause to our hair by pulling it back too tightly or tying our pony too tight
- Male pattern or female pattern hair loss is actually caused due to family history
- Thyroid diseases, such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
- Chemotherapy, which is powerful medicine that destroys cancer cells
- Stress, including physical stress from surgery, illness, or high fever
- Hair tend to get older with our age and starts thinning and break more easily
- Physical stress, other illness can also contribute to hair loss
Though the symptoms vary from person to person but due to different causes and body types
Social Effects of Hair fall on men & women
Losing hair can be challenging both for men and women, as social attitude towards baldness has always been negative. Hair is a sign of good health and youth and losing hair in young age is actually a cause of concern. It leads to the following social effects on men and women
It leads to the following social effects on men and women:
- This actually puts a full stop on youth hood because people consider baldness as a sign of ageing and starts judging your appearance irrespective of your age
- Styling hair becomes a dream due to less hairs and camouflaging thinning becomes must due to this
- Hair actually adds to our physical and social appearance and losing hair leads to low self-esteem
- Social dealing becomes a huge deal due to teasing factor and this causes humiliation
- It creates work related problems to those who need to be in the camera or out for work
- It causes jealousy of men or women with full heads of healthy hair
- People with hair loss or baldness start limiting their social life by avoiding friends and stop going out except to work
- Baldness especially in women leads to loss of personal attractiveness and fear of not looking attractive to others
Options to stop hair fall – 1st stage of hair loss
There are numerous ways which can be followed to stop hair fall, the only thing which is tough is to maintain the daily regime for healthy hair. There are a number of options enlisted to stop hair loss:
- Take supplements like vitamins and proteins
- Use the right comb say a wooden comb is the perfect option
- Towel dry the right way, don’t rub your hair vigorously with towel rather go for soft cotton cloth to dry your hair
- Go for yoga and exercises
- Anti-hair fall products shampoo and serum
- Keep your scalp healthy by oiling it often and a regular head massage
- Home remedies like using head masks and hot towel, etc.
- Go for a healthy diet and avoid junk and fried food as much as possible
Though these above listed treatments have a great success rate but there are people who suffer severe hair loss can’t get much effect through home remedies and other above listed factors. The only solution for them is medical hair treatment like
If your hair loss is due to the effect of some medications you have been taking or still taking your doctor would advise you to terminate that medicine course and s/he would prescribe you some medicine as a treatment to stop hair fall
Minoxidil (Rogaine): it’s a serum in the foam or liquidform that you rub into your scalp twice a day to grow hair and prevent further hair loss.
Finasteride (Propecia): this drug is only prescribed to men it’s taken in pill form daily.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: also called the PRP treatment, uses your own blood to stop hair fall or at least reduce hair fall. Using a thin needle your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp.
- Mesotherapy Treatment: this therapy gives vitamin boost to the scalp to improve blood circulation in that area the Mesotherapy solution will neutralize the DHT hormone, causing hair to grow again. Better circulation allows better nourishment leading to hair re-growth.
Options to cover bald spots& pattern on head in men and women – 2nd, 3rd stage of hair loss
It’s a cosmetic surgery for baldness, your own hair follicle is extracted from the donor site (usually the back or sides of the head) and implanted on the recipient site (the bald area). It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia, and it takes 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts.
Beard Transplant: beard transplant is a procedure in which scalp hairs are implanted on the facial region lacking beard density or fullness. It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia, and it takes 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts.
Eyebrow Transplant: perfect arched eye brows are not hard to get, now with eyebrow transplant it has become easy. In this procedure hair follicles are extracted from the donor site and implanted on the recipient site but in a perfect manner to maintain that arch shape of the brow.
Crown Hair Restoration: crown area baldness along with hair line is the most common type of baldness among men though it happens in women also.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is an advanced method of hair restoration, in this an advanced punching machine is used to extract hair follicle by making minor incision into the scalp after harvesting follicles the extracted grafts are then implanted into the recipient site. It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia.
Hairline Advancement: hairline actually makes us look different due to its position either high or low, many times people aren’t satisfied with their hairline position. There are two types of procedure available for lowering hairline-
- MAXFUE Technique or FUE hair transplant for hairline: in this grafts are taken from the donor site and implanted in front of the existing hairline and the main hairline to increase density of present hair.
- Surgical hairline advancement: this a surgical procedure which involvesmoving hairline surgically while shortening the forehead. It’s quite a bigger procedure when compared to FUE.
Front Hairline Transplant: frontal hairline adds a lot to our appearance, transplanting front hairline is not an easy task it takes expert surgical experience with artistic skills. Placement of hairline also requires implantation, FUE has proven to be the best method for this.
Female Hair Transplant: unlike men women have different causes of hair loss, there are number of reasons for hair loss in women like- pregnancy, Pcod, stress, vitamin A and B12 deficiency, etc. Hair and eyebrows transplant is women FUE is the best suited option for hair restoration.
BioFUE Hair Transplant: FUE combined with bio technique for hair restoration is the most advanced method. The results are great as it uses your own protein with FUE heal the donor site faster, yield hair sooner and thicker and increase the density of non-transplanted hairs.
Stem Cell Hair Transplant: this Therapy, is an exciting non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions. PRP is used in this procedure- your own blood is taken and centrifuged and injected the plasma into your scalp.
Body Hair Transplant: body hair like chest, beard, legs, back, etc. Is transplanted through scar less FUE technique. The technique used is Automated FUE, in which with the help of punch the roots are taken out , without any cuts or stitches. It’s done under local anesthesia.